Board Member Nominations
From now until November 15th, nominations are being accepted for open positions of the association's Board of Directors. Please consider nomination yourself or another TACFEP members for a board position.
Submitting a nomination does not commit you or another person to running for election. It’s simply a first step toward helping the TACFEP Nominating Committee identify members who want to serve and meet eligibility criteria. The committee will select a slate of qualified candidates to stand for election this fall.
· Provide vision and direction for the association;
· Define membership types and dues;
· Attend all Board of Directors meetings;
· Accept committee assignments by appointment;
· Approve general operating and special budgets;
· Preside over the annual business meeting;
· Maintain, evaluate, and revise as needed the association’s bylaws and strategic plan;
· Act as liaisons with state, regional, and national organizations and agencies.
TERM OF SERVICE
Term of service shall commence on January 1 and end on December 31. The term of each director will be 2 years. No director will serve more than 3 consecutive terms.
Board service typically requires 4-8 hours per quarter with the exception of attendance at the association’s annual summit and symposium programs (attendance is mandatory at both for directors)
NOMINATION & SELECTION PROCESS
Please complete and email this nomination form, along with a professional photo of the nominee, to Mr. Paul Goebel (Director of Membership) [email protected] at [email protected] no later than November 15, 2020.
In December, TACFEP members will given the opportunity to then vote for all eligible nominees. Elected candidates will be notified in mid to late December, and become active Board Members beginning on January 1, 2021.